EVEREST BASE CAMP
Mount Everest is the highest peak in the world which is located at the altitude of 8,848 meters from the sea level. Locatedd within Sagarmatha National Park, the mountain stands as testimony to the spirit of the human race and their attempt to conquer nature’s challenges. Among eight mountains crossing the line of eight thousand meters, Mt Everest bears big name to introduce Nepal in the global map. Named after Sir George Everest, the British surveyor-general of India, Everest is known as Chomolungma in Tibet and Sagarmatha in Nepal. New Zealander Sir Edmund Hillary and Nepali Tenzing Norgay Sherpa became the first to scale the highest peak in May 29, 1953 from the South-East Ridge Route. Later on, Junko Tabei from Japan became the first woman to summit the Everest via the South-East Ridge.
Nepal Appa Sherpa holds the record of most Everest ascents with 18 times. Likewise, Nepali Min Bahadur Sherchan is the oldest climbet of the Mt. Everest who did it at the age of 77. Ms lakpa sherpa is the only woman to summit Everest 3 times. These are only some of the records that men have made over the higest peak in the world. Climbers have two options to scale Everest; one is from South-East Ridge and another is South Pillar. The Everest Trail is one of the famous Trekking route in Nepal. Visitors spend several days to complete the Everest trial. This trek boasts of the most exotic sceneries, a blend of Sherpa and Rai culture. Here is one itinerary to trek in Everest Base Camp, please check .
- Day 1: KATHMANDU: ARRIVAL DAY Altitude: 1,350m/4,428ft
- Day 2: KATHMANDU TO LUKLA FLIGHT AND PHAKDING Altitude: 2,800m/9184ft (Lukla) & 2,652m/8,698ft (Phakding) Walking Distance: 8km (3-4 hours) - All distances and time estimates are approximate. Flight time: 35 min
- Day 3: PHAKDING TO NAMCHE BAZAAR Altitude: 3,440m/11,283ft Walking Distance: 10-12km (5-6 hours) - All distances and time estimates are approximate.
- DAY 4: NAMCHE BAZAAR: REST AND ACCLIMATIZATION DAY Altitude: 3,440m/11,283ft
- DAY 5: NAMCHE BAZAAR TO TENGBOCHE Altitude: 3,870m/12,684ft Walking Distance: 10km (6 hours) - All distances and time estimates are approximate.
- DAY 6: TENGBOCHE TO DINGBOCHE Altitude: 4,400m/14,435ft Walking Distance: 11km (6 hours) - All distances and time estimates are approximate.
- DAY 7: DINGBOCHE: REST AND ACCLIMATIZATION DAY Altitude: 4,400m/14,435ft
- DAY 8: DINGBOCHE TO LOBUCHE Altitude: 4,900m/16,076ft Walking Distance: 11-12 km (6-7 hours) - All distances and time estimates are approximate.
- DAY 9: LOBUCHE TO GORAKSHEP AND EVEREST BASE CAMP, EBC TO GOREKSHEP Altitude: 5180m/16,994ft (Gorekshep) & 5364m/17598 (EBC) Distance of walking: 15km (6-8 hours) - All distances and time estimates are approximate.
- DAY 10: GOREKSHEP TO KALAPATHAR AND PHERICHE Altitude: 5,545m/18,192ft (Kalapathar) & 4,320m/14,173ft (Pheriche) Walking distance: 12-13km (5-6 hours) - All distances and time estimates are approximate.
- DAY 11: PHERICHE TO NAMCHE Altitude: 3,440m/11,284ft Distance of walking: 13-15km (7-8 hours) - All distances and time estimates are approximate.
- DAY 12: NAMCHE TO PHAKDING AND LUKLA Altitude: 2,800m/9,184ft Walking Distance: 16km (6-7 hours) - All distances and time estimates are approximate.
- DAY 13: LUKLA TO KATHMANDU Altitude: 1350m/4428ft Flight time: 35 min
- DAY 14: KATHMANDU: DEPARTURE DAY Altitude: 1,350m/4,428ft
The cost includes:
- All arrival and departure transport
- Kathmandu city tour with guide and car
- 3 nights accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- 10 days complete package trekking with guide and porter
- All land transport on buses
The price will not include:
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Nature of personnel expenses
- Nepal visa
- Bar and beverage bills
- Personnel clothing
- Travel insurance and
- Tips (tips are expected)